As you may know, I have always had this huge passion for baking. It probably came from my childhood when I learned how to make crêpes for my friend Ophélie who used to come over on Saturday afternoons (Hi there!). However, the idea to share my recipes came later, and so did the creation of this blog.
And I have to say that it came mainly thanks to one blog, Sally's baking addiction, and the blogger behind (Hi Sally!). This girl is amazing: in only one year she baked so many recipes that she became quite popular on the web (with 19,000 fans on Facebook so far, and a well-ranked website). And even a Frenchie in Sweden (I mean me… but also a lot of my friends: Mo, Marion, Julie, Doreen…) have heard about her! But what amazes me the most is all the marketing strategy that she also developed. For all these reasons, and also because she's crazy about peanut butter, I'd like to dedicate my new recipe – mini Oreo & peanut butter brownies – to you, Sally.
I actually created this recipe after trying 2 of Sally's recipes that I really loved. I made a mix of the 2 recipes, added some Oreo cookies, and cut down on the frosting. Since I like eating sweet things and I don't want to feel guilty about it, I baked the recipe into mini brownies. You've got to love them!
Ingredients (12-15 servings):
Mini brownies preparation:
- 60 g salted or slightly salted butter
- 120 g dark chocolate
- 120 g white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40g all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 Oreo cookies (or 12 mini Oreo cookies)
Peanut butter frosting:
- 60g slightly salted butter
- 65g creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 tablepoon chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Melt butter and dark chocolate in a saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly.
2. Stir in the sugar and the eggs into the mixture, one at a time and whisking vigorously after each one, to prevent the eggs from cooking. Add the vanilla and whisk again. Then gently fold in the flour and salt.
3. Cut the Oreo cookies into small pieces and stir into the batter.
4. Grease mini paper muffin cups with butter and pour the batter in. Bake for approx. 20 minutes.
5. While the mini oreo brownies are baking, prepare the peanut butter frosting layer. Cream the butter and peanut butter with a stand mixer until completely smooth (tip: you can soften the butter and peanut butter 15 seconds in the microwave if they are too hard). Slowly mix in the icing sugar.
6. Once the mini brownies are done, allow them to cool completely (about 45 minutes). Finally, top them with the peanut butter frosting and add some chocolate chips for decoration.
I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do!