There are some recipes that you just don't need to change. This chocolate fondant is definitely one of them. I'm a huge fan of chocolate fondants and I baked many over the years, but at some point I got a bit tired and was looking for something similar but with a twist of something which would make the recipe even tastier. And, as I had some orange marmelade in the fridge, I figured that I should just give a try and see. And it was the perfect match! With the marmelade orange zests, the recipe definitely had a new edge! It's a fantastic and easy recipe. Its success all depends on the baking time and I recommend you be extra careful: 16 minutes, no more! I baked it last time when my friend Parvati came over for tea (Hi there!). She had already tried my chocolate fondant before and loved it so much she came back for more!
- 7 oz (200g) dark chocolate (I used Lindt 70% dessert)
- 1/2 cuo (125g) salted butter
- 1/3 cup (70g) white or brown sugar
- 4 large organic eggs
- 4 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C. Melt the salted butter and dark chocolate in a saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly.
2. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the sugar and orange marmelade.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time and whisking vigorously after each one, to prevent the eggs from cooking.
4. Then gently fold in the flour and beat until smooth.
5. Pour the batter into a previously greased round cake pan and bake to 180 °C for 16 minutes (no more!).